Electrical Materials & Connectors
Electrical Material is basically the parts or elements used in the making of any electrical construction project. This can vary from a small house circuit to as big as a large industrial plant. D & F Liquidators’ large inventory for electrical construction materials includes:
- Electrical Conduit is a tube that carries electrical wire for power or communications. Conduit is made in rigid steel; lighter steel called IMC or intermediate conduit; EMT or thin wall conduit; PVC or plastic; aluminum; or PVC coated; which is rigid covered with 40 mil PVC jacket. Conduit for electrical ranges in sizes from 3/8″ to 6″
- A Conduit Fitting is a part that is used to join or adapt other parts or conduit carrying electrical power, or communication wire. Conduit fittings can be indoor, set screw or outdoor, water tight. They can be bushings, locknuts, connectors, couplings, and Condulets, etc. They come in all sizes from 3/8″ to 6″. They can be corrosive protect by PVC coating, or explosion protected by design.
Electrical Wire is drawn metal, copper or aluminum that carries electricity through an electrical circuit. . Wire may be run overhead, under ground, through conduit or flex or open. Wire is protected by design with a jacket depending on usage. It can also be flexible as in the use of extension cords. It can be very small in size as 26 gauge to as large as 2000 MCM.
- Explosion Proof is a product design to contain an electrical short so that it doesn’t ignite a hazardous atmosphere causing an explosion. Refineries, gas stations, paint booths are examples of where these products would be used. They are heavy duty steel or aluminum by design, or can be fiberglass as well.
- Explosion Protected is a product design to contain an electrical short so that it doesn’t ignite a hazardous atmosphere causing an explosion. Refineries, gas stations, paint booths are examples of where these products would be used. They are heavy duty steel or aluminum by design, or can be fiberglass as well.
(4) Circuit Breakers
Circuit Breakers are devices that automatically interrupt the follow of an electric current to protect against a short or overload. Circuit Breakers are made by several manufacturers including Cutler Hammer/ Westinghouse, General Electric, Square D, ITE Sieonans, and Federal Pacific. Circuit Breakers protect the smallest house circuit to the largest industrial requirements.
(5) Electrical Connectors
Electrical Connector is a part that will join or adapt one part to another. Connector range in size from 3/8″ to 6″. They can be indoor, outdoor, corrosive protected or explosion proof.
(6) Electrical Box
Electrical Box is an enclosure used for many purposes such as pulling, connecting or terminated an electrical circuit. Electrical box can be set screw or indoor; it can be rain tight, or outdoor. They can be made of steel, aluminum, plastic, stainless steel, or cast iron. Requirement can include corrosive protected or explosion protected by design.
Lugs are the electrical connectors that terminate the electrical circuit. Lugs are made of copper, aluminum, or bronze. They are made for the smallest wire size, 26 gauge to the largest 2000 MCM. Lugs can be mechanical or set screw; compression or crimp, solder or weld; or clamp type. T&B, Burndy, Penn Union, Panduit, and 3M are some different manufacturers of lugs.
(8) Motor Control
Motor Control is an apparatus used to regulate a motor or mechanism. It can control the smallest mechanism to the largest power turbines. There are several manufacturers of motor control including Allen Bradley, Square D, Cutler Hammer, ITE Siemens, General Electric and Westinghouse.
- Wiring Devices are electrical products to supply power or to turn off and on power to other electrical products. Light switch, wall receptacles plugs on the end of electrical equipment are all examples of wiring devices. Wiring devices are manufactured by Hubbell, Bryant, Arrow Hart, General Electric, Levington, Pass & Seymour, and Daniel Woodhead.
- Lighting is a product design to illuminate, a source of light other than the sun. Lamps, flood lights, indoor, outdoor fixtures are all examples of different lighting products.
Electrical Liquidators are companies that buy and sell electrical materials or product. This material includes conduit wire, fittings, circuit breakers, motor control, switch gear lugs and lighting. Liquidators acquire their inventories through liquidation sales, bankruptcies, inventory reduction sales, surplus sales of plant construction s, demolition of plant equipment, or contractor sale of inventories.
Electrical Surplus is any quantity over and above what is needed or used on an electrical construction project. It is the excess material that was not needed to complete the project. The electrical surplus is sold or disposed of once the job is complete.